Wednesday, October 20, 2010

While you were away - Wednesday

Dear Brian,
Things are still going along fine here. It was so good to talk to you this morning, thanks for staying up late to chat with us. Almost one week down and then only a few more days to go until you come home. (I know you know that)

This morning we got going extra early so we could pick up P. before school. We watched her today while her parents are in Mexico. P kept telling me all day "my mom and dad are on vacation so you are staying home to watch me." I know she was just telling me what her mom had told her so she would know what to expect but after the 5th or 6th time it felt like she was just rubbing it in. While the girls were playing happily I told them I was going to take a quick shower. I locked the bathroom door because P was here. While I was in the shower I heard pounding/banging on the door and loud screaming like someone was dying. I jumped out of the shower with soap dripping all over, grabbed a towel and flew to the door. I opened it to find Natalie and P staring sweetly up and me as they asked, "can we have a sucker?" I told them no.

Today was Caroline's big special breakfast at school that her teacher promised all the kids who turned in their homework on time for the first quarter. She has been looking forward to it for a long time. When I asked her how it went she flatly said, "it was a donut and half of a banana." Then she perked up a bit and said, "but I got the biggest donut in the box so it was kind of OK."

At your insistence (after you heard my voice this morning) I got myself a doctor's appointment for today. Before I went I called our insurance company to get a few of the claims from Bridget's birth sorted out. It took me forever to get thru the automated voice system. My voice kept giving out and squeaking and cracking so the computer couldn't recognize what I was saying. Anyway, I told the doctor I was feeling fine but that my husband had made me promise to go to the doctor. Turns out I have bronchitis, who knew? Remember when we both had bronchitis? Thanks for taking such good care of me even though you are half-way around the world. The antibiotics are making my voice much better already.

Random things that happened today:
  • Bridget has been sucking her hand, fist, or fingers a lot. I think we might have another girl who sucks her thumb.
  • Miles said his school day was the "best day ever because we had PE."
  • Caroline made headbands at activity day. She was super exctited.
  • Caroline wrote in a paper for school that her favorite part of the Bill of Rights was freedom of religion because primary is so fun.
  • Miles had a great time at piano lessons again today. He was excited to learn a song that uses the white keys.
  • The kids thanked me for making them dinner without you saying it first. It was hot-dogs.
I have a few random pictures of the kids hanging out from before you left. I don't know why I didn't think to put them in before now. This is from the Sunday before you left. She already looks older than when this picture was taken. We seriously have to find a way to stop time - after you get home of course. She is two months today. (I know you knew that too)
Hope you found something you could stomach at your big feast tonight. The kids wanted to see a picture of all the motorbikes on the road you were telling them about but only if it isn't weird to take a pic of them while you are on the road. We love you,
Mary

No comments: