Tuesday, October 19, 2010

While you were away - Tuesday

Dear Brian,
So glad you made it Surabaya safely. We moved the 'dad' post-it note there. Natalie checks it out every time she goes up the stairs.

We got to school again without much trouble. I might be able to take the kids to school again from now on so you don't have to be late for work anymore.... most days anyway. Miles decided he HAD to wear long pants to school today, don't ask me why. The only ones out were way too small but he didn't care. He looked like Milhouse but I just didn't care either.

Natalie and I spent a little time picking up this morning. Then after lunch we went to the grocery store. She insisted on putting most everything in the cart. It took way longer but she thought she was super helpful. They have Pillow-Pets for sale there now. Natalie wants one for her birthday. Also one of each polly pocket princess.

My voice has taken a turn for the worse. It goes in and out between totally gone and sounding like someone with sever emphysema. I feel good - it just sounds really bad. It is a bit tricky to take care our kids without a voice but Natalie is filling in for me. I asked her to yell upstairs to Caroline to tell her it was time to go. It was the first time I was grateful for Natalie's extra volume.

This afternoon was soccer. Miles soccer changed time and location for today which made it a bit crazy. I dropped Caroline off then went the 20 min down to Miles practice. Then I turned around to pick Caroline up and had just enough time to go back and collect Miles. I felt like quite the soccer mom... I don't really want to be a soccer mom. Caroline's practice was running a bit long so I had to take her out early so we wouldn't be late for Miles. I yelled for her as loud as I could several times but no one on the field heard me. I waved my arm to try and get her attention but no one saw. Finally when I started jumping and waving she noticed me... it was embarrassing. I was afraid she would be embarrassed too. When she got to the car she said, "thanks for not yelling mom, I didn't want anyone to hear your voice." The kids ate dinner in the car. I bought lunch-ables for them, they were thrilled like it was a gourmet dinner. I was thrilled because... no dishes. When we picked up Miles I put Bridget in the stroller. As we went over the grass the stroller was bouncing and bumping a lot. Her big cheeks were jiggling like crazy. She woke up with super wide eyes and looked so surprised the whole way back to his field. I felt bad for her but it was adorable.

After soccer I had the kids take a quick shower by themselves because the A's were coming over and I had just a little time to feed Bridget. I asked Miles if he could handle getting it started by himself. He rolled his eyes at me and told me of course. The A's brought over a cute little pumpkin filled with treats for the kids. They were super excited and were all very polite (relief). We had a nice chat and then I went to put the kids to bed. There was a giant puddle on the bathroom floor and the wall and toilet were dripping wet. Apparently Miles didn't close the shower curtain so much as he left it open. He looked perplexed when I asked him to help me clean up the mess. I just shook my head as yelling isn't really an option.

That's about it for this day. We love you and miss you,
Mary

No comments: