We loved your pictures. Wish I could add some to mine but we still can't find that camera. Our house is not that big... I don't know where it could be.
Today was a bit long for me but the kids didn't notice. I woke up to Miles standing near me crying. He was upset because I haven't yet hung up his canvas he painted. Seriously? It's been several months and you never cared, why now?
Church prep went pretty well except for the hair. Guess which kid had the hair issue? Caroline? True she has hair-do drama every Sunday but today she was perfect. Miles decided to use gobs of gel and created a wing like effect on the sides of his head. It took me a lot of convincing to get that mess straightened out. That's the only hair hurdle you ask? I wish. Remember the front section of hair that Natalie cut a few inches long last week? She was upset yesterday that it wouldn't stay in her pony tail. I told her that was because she had cut it and reminded her that's why we don't cut our own hair. While I was doing her hair this morning I noticed the same section was less than an inch short. I asked her a bunch of questions like, "why did you do this?, where did you do it?, where did you get the scissors?, WHY did you do this?" She gave me circle logic and didn't answer a single question straight. Finally I gave up on the explanation and asked one final question, "when did you cut your hair? Was it last night or this morning." She flatly replied, "no mom, it was tomorrow." The world's best interrogators couldn't crack that nut. We used a headband.
Even after the hair issues we still made it to church on time. I was feeling fairly triumphant as well pulled in. Remember how I had nothing to wear to church after Bridget was born, went shopping several times with no success, and then finally found a nice church shirt I really liked? Laurie F. was the first person I saw in the foyer today. She had on the same shirt.
Church went fine. After church I made the kids a quick lunch and dropped them off at the S's while I went to a board meeting and visiting teaching. Bridget came with me and she was so kind as to be hungry at the perfect intervals in between each lesson, meeting, and appointment today. She is such a good baby.
After all of my stuff was over I went back to the S's for awhile. Betty told me that while I was gone Caroline had played her favorite Sting song on the piano. I gave her a puzzled look (Caroline doesn't know any Sting songs) and she said, "I think she called it The Entertainer." My puzzled look did not go away. You are the music guru, but I'm quite certain Sting did not write The Entertainer.
We had dinner at the S's. Betty made corn dogs for the kids. Miles liked them which is a new food to add to the recently growing 'foods Miles will eat' list. Natalie licked hers but wouldn't take a bite. Add that to the 'foods Natalie won't try' list. She had chips and grapes for dinner... oh yes, and cake. After dinner the kids were playing hide-and-seek tag. I don't really understand the rules to that game; Caroline made them up so they are involved. Miles understands them enough to know that Natalie wasn't following them. He came to me exasperated and said, "Natalie was cheating mom. That's right, she was cheating fair and square."
After the adventure at the S's (my folks are doing just fine) we came home and hung out for a bit before the kids went to bed. Hanging out tonight meant watching Qubo... bless Qubo.
I remembered to take out the trash tonight. While I was outside I killed a scorpion on the wall above our grass-like plants. The kids are exctied to get back to school tomorrow. Hopefully we make it there on time. Hope you are safe in your travels and enjoying yourself. We love you,
Mary
3 comments:
This is one of those, "you have to be old enough to remember" - 1973 there was a very popular Paul Newman, Robert Redford movie "The Sting". It won "Best Picture" of the year along with many other awards including "Best Music - original or adaptation" by Marvin Hamlisch. You know his work as "The Entertainer".
Yeah, I remember it too. I actually have the sheet music.
Thanks for the info. I need to get some friends my own age.
Post a Comment