I thought I would post some stuff so you could see what I am up to. I am now in Shenzen China. It is hard to describe, but there is a noticeable difference when crossing in from HK to Shenzen. I am definitely a foreigner. Very few speak English and I don't know any words in Chinese. I need to learn at least the basics.
It's kind of funny, but I haven't been very hungry at all. My co-worker (Tim) says that is normal when travelling over great distances. He says what usually happens is that you wake up one day starving and ready to eat all kinds of things. I had a caesar chicken salad for dinner and it was about the same quality as an Applebees salad, but with a tinge of eastern flavor. The bread I have eaten here is very good.
I don't have any pictures of Shenzen China yet. I am told it is not really safe to walk around outside the hotel alone. Tomorrow morning it is off to another part of Shenzen and then staying in a different hotel. The next day is back to HK and then flying to Indonesia!
Here are some more pictures from HK I think you will like:
This is a rubbe tree
This looks like some kind of hobbit tree
A Honda Odyssey in HK - it has two back rows of seats and plenty of legroom. I wish they sold these in the states.
A dead snake on the trail
This flower reminded me of mom because she likes yellow!
A Honda Odyssey in HK - it has two back rows of seats and plenty of legroom. I wish they sold these in the states.
Caroline, Miles & Natalie: I know all three of you are being the best helpers you can be for your mom. You are great kids! I bet you are excited to go back to school next week.
Mary, you are the best! I can't believe you went to all of the soccer games. You are so much better than me. I would have told the kids "nope" and then put on a movie or something :) I love reading yoru blog. You have a wonderful talen for creative writing.
Mary, you are the best! I can't believe you went to all of the soccer games. You are so much better than me. I would have told the kids "nope" and then put on a movie or something :) I love reading yoru blog. You have a wonderful talen for creative writing.
Talk to you guys soon.
Love,
Dad





No comments:
Post a Comment