Thursday, October 21, 2010

While you were away - Thursday

Dear Brian,
Well, another day down. We are all praying extra hard that the typhoon doesn't delay your flights and you make it home on time.

Today was 'wear black' day at school (I have no idea why). Miles wore his black Fender shirt. Caroline told me last night that she didn't care about it which I was relieved about because she doesn't have any black clothes. This morning she decided that participating in wear black day was paramount. It was a bit tricky but we found something suitable.

While the kids were at school the girls and I went to Walmart. When we got out of the car Natalie started walking on the front of her flip flops like an extreme tip toe. She told me she was going to do it the whole way in the store. We inched our way across the parking lot, it was super tedious. When we got near the doors Natalie said, "that was harder than I thought mom, I'll just walk on my feet." There is reason in her after all. We didn't find the shade canopy or chairs that I was looking for but Natalie wants a princess fishing pole for her birthday.

We picked up the kids at noon as it was an early day. We had lunch together and the kids worked on their homework. They went to play at the T's house while I went to Parent Teacher Conferences. Bridget came with me and she slept through the whole thing, of course. I like going to those with you because you do most of the talking and ask good questions. I tried to think about what you would say while I was in there. Both of the kids teachers say they are doing well and gave me some great ideas for extra things they can do. The kids had a great time at the T's house. There is a new litter of kittens there and the kids played with them the whole time. They are pushing hard for us to get one.

While I was making dinner Bridget started getting a bit fussy. Miles immediately came to help make her happy, he did a great job then went off to play. When she got fussy again Caroline gave her her binky. Then Natalie came up to Caroline and said, "don't worry Caroline, I got this" and started helping. I didn't ask the kids to do any of this, they were really great helpers.
We had waffles for dinner. I told you we are living the high life over here. Natalie took a few bites and said, "mom, this dinner is way yummier than I thought it was going to be."

Speaking of Natalie, she asked me lots of times today when you are coming home. After the 4th or 5th time I said, "oh you are really missing your dad aren't you?" She said, "no I just really want my princess present." Do you think Natalie might be a bit obsessed with presents? Dumb question, she obviously is.

One more thing about Natalie. We are taking Bridget to her two-month check up tomorrow. I forgot to tell you about this but last time we were there the doctor smiled/chuckled at Natalie and asked her if she had dressed herself that morning while giving me a sly smile. Her question surprised me because I thought Natalie looked just fine; she is usually much more interestingly dressed than she was that day. I suppose what is 'normal' for Natalie is still a bit un-matching. I took her picture when we got back. What do you think?

Bedtime was a bit hectic tonight. Bridget was hungry right at bedtime and the kids were in no hurry to get ready. By the time they finished Bridget was quite frantic. Caroline mentioned that was why we need two parents... amen sister.

Hope you make it to Singapore safely. Again, we are all praying the weather doesn't cause you giant delays and headaches. We love you,
Mary

No comments: