Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For the Love of Projects

I love a good project - I've always got several going at any given time. Somehow lately I've ended up with more than several. I have the kid's bathroom going, a few sewing projects, and lots of smaller projects for the house. I shouldn't be doing more than the bathroom and maybe some sewing but I've found a few pieces of furniture and things for the house lately that I couldn't pass up. After my latest finds Brian told me, 'Mary you don't buy furniture, you buy projects.' I can find things I love for our house but I never want to pay for them. Yet I think even if we had all the money in the world I'd still be starting house projects. There is just something so exciting about getting a project started. I have vowed (for the time being) to not start anymore projects until I get lots of them done, or at least the bathroom. If/when that starts happening I'll post a few before and after pictures. Hopefully the 'afters' look better than the 'befores'.

Here is a picture of the last project that I did finish... a dress for Caroline.


Speaking of Caroline - she came home from school today and barely had her shoes off when she started giving me a list of supplies she needed. Seems she wanted to make a castle and had it all planned out in her mind. She didn't even want a snack first, she just wanted to get started on her project. That's my girl.


It's hard to see but the door has strings attached and opens like a drawbridge.




Another Miles Original:
"Mom, I only cry and get mad on some days. On Saturday I don't and on Sunday I do, Monday I don't and Tuesday I do.

Mom, what day is it?"

No comments: