Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I could never have been a photographer

We spent one of the last weeks of the summer in Utah visiting family.  During the trip I thought I was doing a great job taking pictures.  Now that I sit down to write about the trip I've found that I did a good job during one event and then was my usual terrible self the rest of the trip.  

I didn't get a single picture of the kids with both of my parents.  None of my brother, sister-in-law and their adorable little girl.  Not one of my sister and her cute baby.  (So glad all of our trips could overlap... we missed you Hannah).  

Things we did but have no proof :
  • Our kids' first time playing miniature golf and riding go karts.  
  • Riding the tram in Snowbird
  • Going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house
  • Playing at the Nickelcade
  • Visiting with my dear friend Nancy at her super cute house
  • Watching fireworks and playing at the Butlerville Days Pioneer celebration
  • Visiting with Michael and Kara and Karma (sorry I missed Christian)
  • There must be more but I'll never remember... because I didn't take any pictures.

Miles got a haircut while we were there.  I like his hair long but it'd been out of hand for awhile.  He finally agreed to get it cut so we jumped at the chance.  

Caroline went with Grandpa to the Secret Garden at Thanksgiving Point.  Brian and I took Natalie and Miles to the Dinosaur Museum there.  We took one picture in the last room.
This one is out of focus but it is the only one with my mom and a cute little cousin. Caroline had a lot of fun 'taking care' of her.
My parents have a fun pool in their garage.  Funny, when I lived there they just kept a car in it.  The kids had a great time playing in the current.    


We visited with my Grandma Duffin (Uncle Carl wasn't home).  We heard some fun stories and filled her in on what we've been up to.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't read our blog seeing as she doesn't own a computer.  

My Newey grandparents, on the other hand, do read the blog but it was fun to see them in person for a change.  We had fun chatting with them and enjoying their lovely home.  The kids ate a large bowl of gumdrops in no time.  
Natalie found my grandma's little red chair and claimed it as hers for the visit.  I remember sitting it that special chair when I was little.  
Thank's for letting us come over grandma and grandpa, we had a great time.  Hopefully it won't be so long before we come to Utah again.

No comments: