One Down:
Well one of my projects is done… don’t hold your breath for any more any time soon. I got this table at Goodwill, where else can you get a solid wood piece of furniture for twenty dollars? You can’t even get a particleboard one for that price. The biggest problem it had was that it was pretty rickety. I put some metal braces to reinforce it and added wheels. Next I stained it a new color. I recently learned that if you are staining wood a darker color than what’s there you don’t have to completely strip it; you just have to sand it a bit and then you’re on your way. That tidbit saved me all kinds of time. Next I’ll try my hand at my bathroom cabinets….
Pajama Day:
In the last few weeks Natalie has discovered dress up. She will put on something fancy if I suggest it but it doesn’t last long. Her true love is pajamas – not her own, but Caroline and Miles’. She goes between them a million times a day which wouldn’t be a big deal except she can’t put them on herself. It seems every time I turn around she is at my feet asking me to put some on. Today she had her clothes on with Miles pjs on top and then Caroline’s nightgown over that. It’s still 99 degrees over here, she was sweating like crazy but happy as could be.
Miles story of the day:
4 comments:
The coffee table looks so good! Love the darker stain.
That table looks awesome! I think I need some of your motivation for projects. I have some, they just need to get started!
The table looks great!! Even added wheels, huh?!
Bravo, the table looks fantastic and for your pajama changing patience. Natalie is adorable.
Post a Comment