Friday, October 24, 2008

Memorials


We had a great time on our vacation in Virginia... it's too much to post about all at once. One day of our trip we went into the city and visited the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, and Lincoln Memorial.

Luckily we had near door to door chauffeur service (thank you Frank) so we didn't have to walk quite so far, and a personal photographer (thank you Karma) so we have great pictures to show.

When we walked into the Jefferson Memorial Natalie said really loudly, "oh.... Jesus". I didn't bother to explain it to her... she seemed happy enough.



Before you go the the top of the Washington Monument you have to go through security. I put my bag through the x-ray machine and Brian emptied his pockets without much fanfare. Caroline started to try to empty her pockets. I told her it was just for moms and dads and she didn't need to worry about it. When she went through the metal detector it went off. They told her to go back and empty her pockets. She pulled out a harmonica that she had found at grandma's house. When I asked her why she had it she said, "I always carry a harmonica in my pocket."
I said, "since when?"
"since today."



1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks like a fun trip!