Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Swim Team 2012


 Caroline and Miles had another fun summer at the rec swim league.  They are both improving and having lots of fun with friends.


This is what Caroline did every time I tried to take her picture. 





You can see that Caroline (in the white cap) is still not quite over the habit of looking in the other lanes when she swims.  At least she used her looking info as motivation to swim faster... but then why not go faster all the time?


Miles is in the blue cap. I think this if the first ever video I took of him where he didn't look...


The kids decided to do the championship meet at the end of the season.  It was in the afternoon for the first time this year.  After they finished warming up, we had a little over 20 min before the meet was supposed to start.  I looked up from the stands and saw a dust storm approaching.  





















We watched it get closer...





and closer...

















until it came over/through us.


















We made it through the dust storm fine, then a thunder storm followed right behind it.  We ate dinner in the car while the meet was delayed several times until they finally cancelled it.  It was rescheduled for two weeks away, so swim team isn't over after all.

Past swim team recaps here, here, and here/here. (I could be a professional blogger with that line)

No comments: