We took the kids to Legoland for a quick adventure. Here are some pictures of the fun day:
Brian got the kids matching shirts from work. Yes we are those parents.
At first, Miles sat on the opposite side of the bench because he thought this man was real. He laughed at himself all day about that.
Bridget was a trooper as usual. She was good the whole day but about half-way through she developed this scowl. That is about as contrary as she gets.
Natalie spent the day hiding from my camera. She hated her orange shirt and didn't want to be seen in it. She kept her pink jacket on as long as she could stand it.
This picture is terrible... I took it of the preview screen at the end of a ride. Caroline and Miles were way into lifting their arms up like big kids. Natalie was scared to death but wanted so badly to be like Caroline and Miles. She used all of her will and bravery to lift her arms up on the little roller coaster. I was genuinely impressed with her courage; not just 'impressed because I'm your mom' impressed.
Miles sat intently through the entire instruction period before this ride began. They went through the basic driving rules then let them drive the cars. He followed exactly none of the rules and ran into several people. Ever since, Miles has been critical of my driving. He alerts me every time he thinks I have broken a driving rule. I can't decide whether I should be worried that he thinks the rules apply to everyone else but him or relieved that he was listening after all.
Hooray for Legoland.
1 comment:
"those parents" you mean those smart parents who are able to keep track of their kids - looks like you provided fun family memories - well done
Post a Comment