I tell Miles all the time that he is my favorite boy in the whole wide world. He always smiles and giggles when I tell him that. He makes me laugh more than anyone else I know. His laugh is super infectious. Last month he was laughing at an inappropriate time when the Home Teachers were over. I tried to get him to stop but instead I started laughing too - I couldn't help it, it was embarrassing.
Miles asked me for a suit for church. I told him 'maybe' hoping to buy time because I figured he would change his mind. Over a month or so he was persistent and so we bought him a suit for church. He loves wearing it and 'looking just like dad.'

Miles was in charge of Family Night lesson a month or so ago. He went through the gospel pictures and found the one where Jesus is washing the disciples feet. He taught the story and then wanted to act it out. He washed is sister's feet... it was super sweet.

Before St. Patrick's Day Miles was assigned to design and build a leprechaun trap for school. He came up with a concept based on his favorite TV show, Wipeout. The leprechaun had to jump over the big balls to get to the treasure which was over a trap door. He build it almost entirely himself. After the big day, there was green glitter in the trap. His teacher told him he trapped a leprechaun but then it got away. He said next time we will put a lock on the trap door.


One day he came down for school dressed like this. He was really mad at me when I told him he couldn't go like that. I appeased him with a picture then told him to go put a t-shirt on.

The first grade had a unit on elections. Every kid made a campaign poster and gave a speech. Miles was voted president of classroom 104. He got a ribbon and a paper tent that said, 'Mr. McLeskey's Office.' I asked him what he did for his day as president. He said, "I got to pick what we did in the afternoon, so we played kickball."


Miles turned 7 in March. He picked out this hammock. He has spent lots of fun time hanging out in it.

He wanted a 'Magic Tree House' cake. I did my best. He was really into reading that series until I started trying to talk to him about it. Now he wants nothing to do with it. I should have known. He did have a great birthday. He went with a friend to a play center then we had pizza and cake with cousins. I asked him if he liked being seven. He thought about it for a long time and then said, "you know, it's not a lot different than being six."

1 comment:
Tender child full of wonder - I love this peek into the ongoings of his mind.
Post a Comment