Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where did this come from?

Each grade in Caroline's school does a little musical each year. The first grade musical was all about a family of bunnies. Caroline got the part of Bunny Sue the little bunny who wouldn't hop. We knew she had several lines but we didn't know that the show was centered around the little bunny. She knew all of her lines and was mouthing all of everyone else's lines while they were saying them.

She had tons of fun and did a really great job. She just seemed to be loving it up there. She told us she wants to do lots more of this kind of thing. I have no idea what to think about this or how we got to this place. Where did it come from? What do two engineers know anything about singing and dancing? When Caroline was a tiny baby and we were talking about her, Brian wondered aloud what she would be like when she got older. I said she'd be a swimmer and Brian was sure she'd be into the guitar... I joked, 'watch she'll be into something totally weird like theater and we'll have no idea what to do with that.' Here we are...









This last one is obviously Miles (while we were waiting). He's never one to be outdone in the showmanship department.

Heaven help these engineers. It was really fun to watch the show but I don't know anything about any of that stuff. Today I'll tell a joke about how our kids will soon get really into math olympics. Hopefully all my jokes are prophesies because I'd feel a lot more comfortable helping with math than with theater make up. We'll see...

2 comments:

A and M said...

That's funny cause I don't know what I'd do if Little Bug decides she likes swimming, but be totally comfortable about the singing theater:) Good job Caroline!

Jenny said...

What a great kid. How fun to have such a fun unique personality developing. It's so great she is confident.