Thursday, April 16, 2009

The desert is Blooming

Our house came with several rose bushes which led me to a crash course in Arizona rose care. Roses (and most other plants) really have no business living in the desert so they are lots of work to keep up. I gave up on spraying them throughly each day to remove bugs but the rest of the pruning, feeding, and other work I try to keep up on. For all that hard work they look fantastic for a few weeks in April. Doesn't seem quite worth it but digging them all up to put something else in doesn't sound all that fun either.



Our backyard is more or less neglected... but the plants back there are blooming too. They are more suited for our climate and I do absolutely nothing to keep them up. Some would say that their blooms are not as pretty as a rose but I'd say all things considered these blooms look much better to me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your blooms are beautiful - front and back. Add one more to amazing Mary -