Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Things have been a little different/crazy in the food area around here. It seems as if I have forgotten the things I usually make and have been stuck in a rut with the same few things. It doesn't help that I have a few picky eaters either. I can't think of a single meal that I make that everyone in my family likes - someone is always disappointed. Miles regularly reminds me not to make 'yucky things' for dinner. Caroline has learned to say 'thanks for all the hard work you did mom, can I have something else?' Natalie just throws the food she doesn't like across the table. We have a long way to go in many areas.

I have been trying a few new things or at least trying to get a new spin on old favorites. Here are a few of my latest adventures in cooking:

The Good:
I was making the kids the usual pepperoni pizza and I tried a new one for us. I had some left-over roast and I used alfredo sauce, cheese, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. It was pretty yummy, at least I thought so.



The Bad:
I tried a recipe for peanut butter pasta. I figured the kids like peanut butter and they like pasta so what could go wrong right? Everything. It was absolutely terrible. Not a single one of us liked it even a little.

The Ugly:

I went to an enrichment meeting pie night yesterday...There were lots of experienced pie makers to learn from. Not a bit of it rubbed off on me though. Everyone but me went home with a beautiful pie to cook for thanksgiving dinner. Mine was very ugly. The enrichment counselor told me it was a nice try, I think she was being generous. All of those coming to my house for thanksgiving... you've been warned.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

"Nice try," yikes, why didn't she just say that is the worst pie ever. I think it looks great, I have never attempted a pie crust but as long as it tastes good who cares?