Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another one done...

I got another of my projects done. I finally finished the quilt I started for Miles. I made one for Caroline's fourth birthday. Miles' fourth birthday came and went and a several months later I remembered my plan to make one for him, sorry Miles. He picked out almost all of the fabrics himself; I only vetoed the neon green he put in the cart. He loves his new quilt and has made his bed everyday and after every nap since.

Last night he showed me a dime under his pillow. He told me he put it there a few days ago for the tooth fairy. He was hoping she would turn it into a tooth for him but "it hasn't worked yet."


We spent most of the morning last Saturday trimming trees. Most of the trees/bushes in our yard need lots of regular trimming that we'd neglected for awhile. Brian usually trims them up and then leaves piles around the yard. The kids put on their yard gloves and drag them to the curb for trash pickup. This time Natalie was very interested/insisted on helping. She needed gloves (of course) so we improvised with an old pair of winter gloves. She really was a good helper.


Caroline made up a game to see how much she could carry in one trip. It was a really fun game until Miles couldn't carry as much as she could. She has a knack for making regular things fun with games or made up scenarios. She also has a knack for making sure she is the leader or winner of everyone of them... reminds me of someone I know :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Love the quilt. I don't know why you stressed about choosing the colors, it looks really really good.