This summer our neighbors got new patio furniture; we got giant boxes. They were the best toy ever for three solid weeks. I can honestly say that cardboard saved our summer. The kids spent tons of time planning, cutting, and decorating the boxes. My favorite feature is the chimney (for the big bad wolf.)

After the structure (we call it that at our house so I feel like I'm using my degree - somewhat) was complete, the kids spent even more time playing store, house, jail, cards, etc. in their structure.
I seriously wouldn't see or hear from them for hours. It was just what a super pregnant mom needed.
When the fun inside the cardboard started to die down the kids started playing with the leftover scraps. They slid down the stairs, made snowshoes, and Miles made armor.

Natalie created her own little fun. (There is a piece of cardboard under her belly)
I highly recommend giant cardboard boxes for any stir crazy kid. All three were devastated when we took the boxes to be recycled just before school started. Maybe our neighbors will get something big for Christmas... then Santa could bring our kids another big box or two. Sounds like my Christmas shopping is done.
No comments:
Post a Comment