Monday, September 6, 2010

Clear the pile: First day of school

Every mom with a blog must post about the first day of school (I think it's a rule). I was so hoping to take the kids to school on the first day before the baby came. She was so nice to oblige and then wait 9 extra days just to be sure.


Caroline started third grade and is super happy to be back in school. She likes her teacher a lot and is excited to have been assigned her first book report.


Miles started first grade. He has done a great job being good but I can tell it's been hard because he is nearly bouncing off the walls when he gets home. It's hard for him to sit still for that long. Thank goodness for recess.


Little Natalie started preschool. This pic is from when the older kids were leaving.


This pic is noteworthy because Natalie's hair is done. We've done it before but this was the first time that it was her idea and not me forcing the issue. She wanted 'braids for preschool.' She was so excited to go to school like the big kids... then she cried all the way there. Her teacher had to pick her up kicking and screaming to go into the classroom. Her teacher is super patient and says that she is doing great now. Good thing I have Bridget at home with me or it would be pretty lonely around here the few hours a week that Natalie is gone.




2 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids are all darling! I especially can't believe how big Natalie is. Have you tried sitting Miles on a large ball while he's at school or trying to do homework? I've heard from a lot of people that it's a great way for them to move around without being distracted or distracting others. I'm 99% sure we're going to need to do something like that with Brooks when he starts school. I hope you're enjoying your new little one, she's so beautiful!

Laura said...

1st day of school - how exciting - how fun.