Sunday, February 8, 2009

What would mom do?

I consider myself a fairly organized person. I used to say that I was on top of everything. When I became a mom I had to alter that statement. After that I would say I was on top of everything that mattered. Lately, however, I haven't been keeping up with anything very well. My old reliable system of multiple lists on the counter and post-it notes on the microwave and garage door started failing me. It's worked for years... not anymore.

I can't figure out what happened. Almost over night I was forgetting important things and getting way behind on all kinds of stuff. I was hoping it was just a bad week, but after a awhile it seemed the scatterbrain, forgetfulness was settling in permanently. I thought maybe it was because I recently turned 30 (is that the age you lose your mind?) but I didn't really care where it came from, only that it go away - fast. But how do you figure out how to solve a problem when the problem is you're losing your mind?

So I did what I always do (or should do) when I'm in a mess... I thought of my mom. I went to Staples and bought a desk calendar just like my mom's. The one we used to make fun of the fact that she couldn't live without. (sorry mom)


Ah... that's better. I'm me again, back on top of things. Thanks mom.

P.S. Stop laughing Hannah, you'll be 30 someday too.... at least you'll know what to get me for Christmas.

2 comments:

A and M said...

I hate to admit it, but every year around November I get really excited to buy a new daily planner for the upcoming year. It's the best!

Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog. I almost started one a long time ago when you did but never got around to it. And the calendar thing is great! I really need to invest in one. Last year I called my dad a day late for his birthday. Not because I didn't know the date of his birthday but because I didn't know what day of the week it was. I called him on Tuesday to wish him a great day but it was already Wednesday.