That was the plan.
I'll spare you the gigantic bullet list as to why the plan was greatly altered. The general theme is that we had the unexpectedly busiest week since the last time we moved (it's still too soon to do that again).
Luckily I had the gifts to salvage 'the week' but everything else fell by the wayside. I did get a fudge cake made, which is Brian's favorite. His birthday day gift was a new tennis racket. He was so excited and immediately used it to swat at a fly that was in the kitchen. Maybe when things settle down around here and he gets over his bronchitis (oh, I was going to spare you the list... sorry) he can try it out for real.
Brian's favorite thing to do when he calls someone on their birthday is to tell them they are 'half-way to whatever double their age is.
Happy Half-way to 68 Brian.
2 comments:
Oh what a fun thing to do - a birthday week, one thing each day until his birthday!
Happy Birthday, Brian!
I'm guessing from this blog we missed Brian's birthday! I am sure Andrew and I are the worst in the family for remembering people's birthdays. but rest assured that is not a reflection of our love for everyone! We're gonna go stick a card in the mail today.
Post a Comment