Friday, April 13, 2012

Pinewood Derby

Disclaimer:  The photos in this post are are subpar even for my below amateur photography skills.

After Miles started cub-scouts he was thrilled to learn that the pinewood derby was the first big activity.  He was so excited to build his car with Brian.  They had a great time working together.

Here he is working on polishing the wheel shafts.  Thanks to uncle Eric for the supplies and the know-how.  

I forgot my camera for the actual races so this cell phone snap is all I have.  The rules of the races were unclear and a bit unorganized but as far as we can tell his car was in the middle of the pack.  He was thrilled with how the whole thing went which I was glad for.


At the end of the night, they gave all the boys a certificate with an award.  Miles got 'best use of decals.'   He was ecstatic and cheered when they gave him his certificate.  Later, when we got home, he asked me, "mom what's a decal?"


First pinewood derby down, two more to go...

No comments: