Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Day of School 2012

The first day of school is here again.  This summer went way faster than the last few.  Perhaps not being pregnant or having a fairly young one had something to do with it?  I was not quite ready to give these kids up, but they were more than ready to let go of me.  Caroline is in 5th grade and got her second male teacher in a row, which she couldn't believe.  Miles has a teacher that is new to us but she seems very nice.  He is excited for 3rd grade.   Natalie... how can Natalie be old enough for school?  She, on the other hand, is feeling like it is finally her turn.  She got Mrs. Lunt who was her preschool teacher who has since gone back to teaching school.  I am thrilled that she has such a great teacher and that she already knows her teacher well.  




I took this picture in Natalie's classroom right before I tried to say goodbye to her and make sure she was feeling settled.  While I was talking she rolled her eyes at me; before I could finish she (gently) pushed me away and told me she was all set.  I'm trying to focus on how great it is that she is so prepared and not how sad it is that she doesn't need me at all.  


No comments: