Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Utah Fun

Here are the highlights from our trip to Utah.  My siblings all planned out trips home at the same time so we could be together.  

Boating:
A trip to Utah is not complete without a day of waterskiing.  The only negative was Bridget hating her life jacket, being away from me while I skied, and sitting still.  I don't think she could figure out why on earth we would think this was fun.  She did like the chips. Big thanks to uncle Andrew for getting in the water to try and help my kids learn to ski.



Playing with cousins:
My kids had a great time being with cousins.  I had a great time playing with them too.  Grandpa took the whole group over to lock up the church every night.  Riding in the back of the truck is the best.



Newey park day:
We met my grandparents, Aunt, and cousin at the park for a morning of fun.  It was so good to see them.  


 

Dinner in the canyon:
We went to the canyon for dinner and hiking.  Funny how something I took for granted as a kid is the biggest treat to my kids.  The whole thing was so novel and fun it made us wonder why we live in the desert.  Grandpa brought the best hot dogs ever... normal ones haven't been the same since.  



 

Temple square:
We had a good time at the children's exhibit in the museum and walking around the grounds.  Our favorite part was the cut-away model of the inside of the temple.  The kids (and me) thought it was fascinating.  I wish they did that at all the visitor centers.
 All the grandkids...

Thanks for all the pictures Hannah and Elizabeth.  I'd say I'll do better and take my fair share at our next get together but I know I won't....

No comments: