Friday, December 17, 2010

Natalie Jane is 4

Our little Natalie is now four. She was waiting for a long time for the day to finally arrive. For her birthday weekend we had two big parties. First was the ward Christmas party; second was Brian's work party at Zoolights which we told her we were going to for her birthday. In the middle of those we had lunch at 'old mcdonalds' then ice cream and cake at home. Natalie was quite happy (and tired) by the end of the weekend.

Seeing as I just stopped calling her my baby when Bridget was born, I am having a hard time believing she really is four already.





Warning - The following conversation is long.

Natalie is very interested in the concept of opposites. She likes to talk about them all the time. The other day at lunch she started quizzing me:
NJ: Mom, what is the opposite of up?
Me: down
NJ: Mom, what is the opposite of in?
Me: out
NJ: Mom, what is the opposite of on?
Me: off (I was on a roll... this went on for quite some time. I'll spare you all the rest of those.) Then she continued:
NJ: Mom, what is the opposite of grass?
Me: uh...
NJ: not grass
Me: of course (?)
NJ: Mom, what is the opposite of clothes?
Me: ?
NJ: not clothes (then we did this for a long time only after this I did catch on to her line of reasoning) Then she finished the quiz with a really hard one:
NJ: Mom, what is the opposite of ugly?
Me: not ugly
NJ: no, it starts with the letter 'Q'
Me: (guessed every word I could think of that starts with the letter q)
NJ: no mom, it's cute
Me: Good game. (Is it more sad for me or her that she is smarter than me?)
NJ: yes mom, you are the winner and Miles is the loser. (Miles wasn't even there)


Happy Birthday Natalie!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bright delight- that's 4 year old Natalie. Happy Birthday!