Sunday, May 10, 2009

Little Victories

Miles is our most picky eater.  I gave up awhile ago and usually just keep some leftovers that he likes (pizza) and give him that for dinner every night no matter what we're having.  It's been getting old - for me.  

The other night I didn't have any pizza and I thought it would be a great time to have him eat a regular dinner.  I gave him one bite of everything and told him if he ate it all I would make him something else.  




It sat like this for the entire evening.  He refused to eat anything for hours until just before bed when he choked it down so he could get something else and not have to go to bed hungry.  I count it as a small victory.  



Caroline is a great eater.  That's all I have to say about that.

A few Caroline stories:
We've been to several wedding receptions lately.  Caroline asked me why they always have them in a big boring room.  She told me when she gets married she's going to have her reception somewhere fun... like a bowling alley.  

On the way home from church today Caroline told me that she had learned a 'very valuable' lesson in primary today.  I was interested to find out what it was.  She said it was that she needed to bring a sweater because her classroom is cold with the air conditioners on.  Any lesson is better than no lesson, right?  Another victory.  

A bunch more little victories and we may be getting somewhere.

No comments: