For example:
- I forgot I was doubling a recipe halfway through.
- I figured two minutes on high would work the same as ten minutes on low - it doesn't.
- I completely burned a batch of soup intended for the neighbors.
- I found out that peanut butter does not take the burned taste out of soup. It just makes it taste like peanut butter.
- I left a burner on for half the day (don't tell Brian)
- I somehow completely messed up a cake mix intended for the young women. How can 'just add oil and water' trip me up and end in something inedible?
If you're thinking this list isn't too bad... what I didn't tell you was that all of these things happened this week. Granted this week has been unusually full of kitchen struggles (at least I'd like to think so) but somehow I think my reservations about making home-made yogurt are completely merited.
Today I found out that I was wrong. Making yogurt is easy. Here's how:
- Give Natalie a sippy-cup of milk.
- Forget about it.
- Live in a state that's been in the triple digits for the last week. (104 today)
- Have a messy house.
- Find the cup two days later.
Like I said - easy.
I may have to start a yogurt business. We could use all the crumbs in the couch as toppings.
6 comments:
Hey...I love your blog! So funny about the yogurt! We all know that you are a really good cook. Michael is always trying to get me to make YOUR chimis but they never turn out as good. Not to mention your yummy pies! Don't be discouraged! We think your awesome.
Such a clever entry! We love it...and I'm sure you're an excellent cook! Dare I ask how your tarts turned out?:)
sounds pretty bad Mary . . . Maybe you should stick to salads :)
So Gross! I can relate to every bit of that! I don't have much fear in the kitchen and I should because I have run into way too many kitchen disasters! Once we found a bottle behind the crib that didn't even move when we tilted it over! YUCK!
Mary I keep coming back to this post. I think it is hilarious. Thanks for sharing your sense of humor- I love it.
You made me laugh out loud - I love it
Post a Comment