Thursday, March 5, 2009

Miles is Five

Miles turned 5 on Tuesday.... now we can stop praying that we're glad it's almost his birthday (he's been requesting that at every prayer for six weeks). He went with a friend to Bounce U in the morning and then after a much needed nap we had dinner and cake with family. Overall it was a fun day. Some pictures and Miles stuff:

This is a picture of Miles on his blessing day. I had no idea the personality that was about to emerge from this little guy. It's been a fun filled, crazy, head scratching, exasperating, hilarious, and blessed five years.


I asked him what the best part about being five was. He said, "the presents."



I asked him if he felt different now that he was five. He said, "I feel the same as when I was four except for now I'm older. You just get one older every time mom."

He's worn this birthday hat at every nap and for bed since he got it on Monday.

He was very excited to make real strawberry lemonade. He worked really hard to help me. We added tons of sugar... still it was way too sour for him. I wish I had a picture of his face when he tried it.

He's positive that now that's he's five, he can start going to kindergarten. I told him that he has to wait until after summer. He said, "we'll see..." I'm not sure what that means.

Happy Birthday Miles!

3 comments:

Karma said...

His daddy loved presents too:) Must be genetic.
Grandma McLeskey

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Miles. The cake looks great Mary!

A and M said...

Happy birthday Miles! We love the fact his baby blessing pic looks just like him!