At Bridget's first eye check-up after getting her glasses, the doctor determined that her crossed eye needed more help uncrossing. He gave us some sample patches that looked like giant bandaids, told me to put them on her two hours a day, and sent me on my way. The bandaid patches were a disaster. She HATED them. I decided to put one on myself to show her how great they were. I only made it a few minutes, those things are terrible. So I bought a pack of pirate patches from the party store. I gave one to everyone for dinner and we sat down to eat. Not one of us made it through the whole dinner without lifting it up. I was quite discouraged.
Brian did some research online and found these glass frame huggers. They are made my a lady who had gone through the same mess we were. She made this pink one just for Bridget and put her latest obsession - Buzz Lightyear - on it. It was still a tough sell, we promised her she could watch Buzz videos as long as she was wearing it. The first several times one of us had to hold her hands down while the other one showed her Buzz. Since then she has grown to love it. She asks for her 'Buzz glasses' and wears them for half the day. We are so glad that someone solved the eye-patch-on-little-kids problem. I wish she were rich and famous for her great idea... she is at least famous to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment