As a general rule I try not to mention on this blog the super dumb stuff (at least not all of it) Brian and I do. I could probably dedicate an entire blog just to listing what we endearingly call 'McLeskey moments.' I know there are not a lot of people reading this blog but I don't want to lose the few readers I have after they realize what an idiot I can be. (But just for your enjoyment you may want to ask Brian why his ribs are bruised, or me why my predictive text was broken.)
I also try not to mention the dumb stuff our kids do. They're just young... you know, we all did dumb stuff when we were young... and not so young. (If you're looking for a laugh ask us how our kitchen grouting project is going.) Anyway, I also have this crazy notion that someday one our kids will get a letter from the college of their choice saying, "we were going to let you in but then we read on your mom's blog that when you were six you...."
So in keeping with my rule not to mention dumb stuff - (if you need a chuckle call me and ask me how our dishwasher completely overflowed) I'll just tell a little anecdote. A few weeks ago I overheard one mother telling another about how her two-year-old had butchered her hair with a pair of scissors she found. I thought to myself how I had escaped that kid disaster and was feeling happy that all of my children were old enough not to do that anymore. None of them would be that dumb.
In totally unrelated news - Caroline just got a new haircut.
3 comments:
Those untold stories really are the best...
Yeah, how DID Brian bruise his ribs? He wouldn't tell Eric!
so funny! I try not to blog about stupid stuff either... but it seems that everyone likes it when I do. ie Locking Christian and the keys in the car... I was just going to blog about me hitting the cable box with the moving truck before we even set foot in our house, but Michael said it was a bad idea!
Post a Comment