Friday, October 30, 2009

Dead Hermione Granger

Caroline was invited to a 'scary' costume party. She was supposed to wear a scary costume (of course). We decided she would just wear her regular costume (Hermione Granger) and paint her face like a zombie so she could be a dead Hermione Granger. We had had a crazy day and we had just enough time to get her ready and run over there.

We got out to the garage and Natalie was fighting me about getting in her seat. I decided it would be faster to just walk there rather than try to shove her in the car. So we headed down the street past the park (there were tons of people there) with Zombie Caroline carrying a big pink present, crying Natalie, and hopping Miles. Miles rarely just walks...

I got the wrong day.

The surprised looks at the door instantly clued me into the fact that there was no party. Caroline caught on not much later. Natalie kept asking why Caroline didn't go into the party the whole way home. Caroline was embarrassed to walk home past the crowds of people at the park. I kept telling her it was my fault for getting the wrong day.

This Friday was the actual day of the party (I triple checked). I got Caroline ready again and we set off. She asked me if we could please drive so that if I got the wrong day again she wouldn't have to make 'another walk of shame all the way back home.'

Another proud mothering moment... at least I remembered to snap a photo before we left.

2 comments:

Karma said...

If she takes after her dad, she will remember it forever!
Grandma Karma

A and M said...

What a great character building story! We had a pretty good laugh about this one! And I love the dead Hermione Granger costume.